Lead story on Southgate News is latest stage of mounting concern over radio "scrappage" plans that are part of the switchover to digital radio in the UK. One UK radio network group UKRD is refusing to broadcast the radio scrappage advertising campaign and they describe it as "morally and ethically suspect."
And apparently they're not alone. Rob Mannion G3XFD, editor of the UK radio magazine Practical Wireless also has grave doubts about the rush to digital radio in the UK. He's launched a national campaign aimed at maintaining essential traditional analogue broadcast radio for everyday listening and for use in times of national emergencies.
Also see the earlier Southgate news item about concerns that DAB is twenty-year-old technology.
CuriousMarc and Company Fix an Old Analog Device (an Apollo Hand Controller)
-
*I really liked this repair video (above), not because I will ever fix an
Apollo-era hand controller (I won't) but because it illustrates well what
can go...
19 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment